Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Full Moon

Something strikes me today, something I have not thought of before.  I wonder if the full moon causes persons with BPD to go into reaction.  The full moon is imminent this week and Robin is antsy, grumpy and is extremely down.  I know this because it is April, and because he emailed me in short, crisp sentences entirely unlike his usual correspondence.  I am not mind reading, but I know his writing and his communication well.  I can hear his voice on paper. I wonder if there is a connection.  My friends tell me not to concern myself with his stuff. That it is water under the bridge.  I wish it were easier to let go.  It isn't as if I couldn't find someone else easily.  No one tells you who you will love and no one understands why they choose the people that they share their lives with - even the destructive ones.  I love Robin - don't want to be with him right now - but I have a lot of respect for the good stuff we shared. The bad was destructive.  I know that if you are a wife and you have a husband who has this condition, that the balance is challenging at best.  We know what is right and what is clearly wrong.  But a sense of empathy pervades. 

Just a thought. Looking back, on my memories I wonder how many of those days were attributed to the moon. Worth the mental note if nothing else.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment