Wednesday, April 28, 2010

False alarm? Or, the calm before the storm.

Well, so far all is quiet.  No major shifts in the earth's proverbial plates. No major messes - simply silence from Robin. Unusual silence considering the enormity of our separation, the ensuing sale of the house, an unexpected audit from Workers Comp, and untold other stresses.

Isn't it funny that after all this time I am still walking on eggshells. Still insecure that a bomb will drop and take my otherwise peaceful existence and fill it with drama, drama, drama. It is an interesting observation.  I still find myself making excuses for what he has said or done. I am still find my self ducking for fear that things will explode in a moment.  I have a lot of healing to do.  A lot of restful, respectful personal inventory to dissect and notice, then lay aside and let it melt away from the fabric of my new life.

I notice my breathing. My sleeping. Neither of which is really calm.  I am ready to flight if I need to as I no longer wish to fight. I hope that this part of the journey is a bit easier than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment